Narayanganj fire victim dies at DMCH
One of the seven victims, who suffered burn injuries in a fire at a building in Fatullah upazila of Narayanganj yesterday, died at Dhaka Medical College and Hospital this morning.
Deceased Nasir was an electrician of non-government organisation, Society for Social Service, housed on the ground floor of the building, said Partha Sankar Pal, resident surgeon at the burn unit of the hospital.
Nasir suffered 95 percent burns, the surgeon said.
Seven people were burnt as a fire broke out at the four-storey building reportedly from an electric short circuit around 6:30pm.
At least thirty people, including women and children, were also hurt as they tried to rush out from the building.
Locals doused the flames.