Jessore worker dies from electrocution | The Daily Star
12:00 AM, October 21, 2017 / LAST MODIFIED: 01:48 AM, October 21, 2017

Jessore worker dies from electrocution

A construction worker died from electrocution and another was injured at Majhidpur village in Keshabpur upazila of Jessore yesterday.

The deceased, identified as Abdul Majid Sheikh, 32, son of late Abdul Gafur Sheikh, hailed from the village.

For all latest news, follow The Daily Star's Google News channel.

Police said Majid stepped on a live wire while he was working on the roof of an under-construction building. His co-worker Babul Hossain, 22, son of Abdul Hamid, also got electrocuted when he touched Majid in order to save him.

Locals rushed the two people to Keshabpur Upazila Health Complex where doctors declared Majid dead. Babul was referred to Khulna Medical College Hospital.

Stay updated on the go with The Daily Star Android & iOS News App. Click here to download it for your device.

Type START <space> BR and send SMS it to 22222

Type START <space> BR and send SMS it to 2222

Type START <space> BR and send SMS it to 2225

Leave your comments

Top News

Top News