‘Gas explosion’ burns 3 in Dhaka
Three people sustained burn injuries after “a fire broke out from gas explosion” in Dhaka’s Central Road area this morning.
Victims Fazlur Rahman, 45, his niece Panna Akhter, 25, and his nephew Delwar, 22, were taken to Dhaka Medical College and Hospital for treatment.
Partha Sangkar Paul, residential surgeon of the burn unit of the hospital, endorsed their attendance at the hospital. Fazlur suffered 28 percent, Panna 95 percent and Delwar 4 percent burn injuries he said.
Officer-in-charge of Kalabagan Police Station Md Iqbal said that they suspected the victims might have been injured when a fire broke out at their house from the gas leak.