Woman hurt in Banani fire | The Daily Star
03:21 PM, January 09, 2017 / LAST MODIFIED: 07:18 PM, January 09, 2017

Woman hurt in Banani fire

A woman was injured in a fire that broke out at a high-rise building in Banani area of Dhaka today.

Identity of the woman was not known immediately, said fire fighters adding that she fell unconscious after inhaling smoke.

The fire fighters brought the flames under control within 25 minutes after the fire broke out around 2:40pm, Major Shakil, an official of Bangladesh Fire Service and Civil Defence, told The Daily Star.    

Read more: [Watch] Banani fire: Panicked men, women climb down from high-rise building

The fire might have originated from an electric short circuit on the first floor of the building, he said.

A motorbike on the floor was burnt in the fire, he added.

Earlier, fifteen fire fighting units rushed to the spot to douse the fire, said Enayet Hossain, inspector of Fire Service and Civil Defence.

Stay updated on the go with The Daily Star Android & iOS News App. Click here to download it for your device.

Grameenphone:
Type START <space> BR and send SMS it to 22222

Robi:
Type START <space> BR and send SMS it to 2222


Banglalink:
Type START <space> BR and send SMS it to 2225

Leave your comments

Top News

Top News

Top