8 of a family burnt in gas leak fire in Dhaka
Eight members of a family sustained burn injuries in a fire caused by a “leak in gas pipeline” at a house in Demra of Dhaka early today.
The injured, whose identities could not be known immediately, were admitted to Dhaka Medical College Hospital, said Bachchu Mia, in-charge of the hospital police camp.
"The fire originated with a big bang caused by a leak in gas pipeline on the first floor of a second-storey building on Al Amin Road around 3:00am," Ataur Rahman, duty officer of Fire Service and Civil Defence headquarters, told The Daily Star.
A wall of the building collapsed due to its impact, leaving eight members of a family burn injuries, he added.