2 cleaners die inhaling toxic gas in Rangpur
03:51 PM, June 09, 2017 / LAST MODIFIED: 04:15 PM, June 09, 2017

2 cleaners die inhaling toxic gas in Rangpur

Two cleaners died after inhaling toxic gas while cleaning septic tank of a latrine in Radhaballov area in Rangpur city today.

The deceased were identified as Gauranga, 35, son of Kandura of Panapukur, and Hassan, 30, son of Abdul Kafi of Dakshin Panapukur under the district’s Gangachara upazila.

Kotwali Police Station Officer-in-Charge (OC) ABM Zahidul Islam said the tragic incident occurred soon after the cleaners started cleaning the septic tank at the house of a contractor in the area this afternoon.

"Both the cleaners died on the spot after inhaling toxic gas," the OC said, adding that police recovered and sent the bodies to Rangpur Medical College Hospital morgue for autopsy.

An unnatural death case was lodged in this connection with Kotwali

Police Station, the OC added.

Related Topics

Stay updated on the go with The Daily Star Android & iOS News App. Click here to download it for your device.

Grameenphone:
Type START <space> BR and send SMS it to 22222

Robi:
Type START <space> BR and send SMS it to 2222


Banglalink:
Type START <space> BR and send SMS it to 2225

Leave your comments

Top News

Top News

Top