Suspected Saudi-led raid kills 23 Yemen civilians: rebels | The Daily Star
12:00 AM, May 18, 2017 / LAST MODIFIED: 12:00 AM, May 18, 2017

Suspected Saudi-led raid kills 23 Yemen civilians: rebels

A suspected raid by the Saudi-led coalition intervening in Yemen killed 23 civilians yesterday, including women and children, near the southwestern city of Taez, Shia Huthi rebels said.

A military source with loyalist forces confirmed the raid, saying 20 civilians had died, and said it appeared to have been the result of a "mistake".

Saba news agency, which is controlled by the Iran-backed rebels, said a vehicle carrying civilians in the town of Mawzaa, southwest of Taez, was hit in the raid.

Six children were killed, said the agency, adding that six other people also died in the attack but their bodies were burned beyond recognition.

The military source said the air strike targeted an area held by the Huthi rebels, and also confirmed that a vehicle had been struck.

Stay updated on the go with The Daily Star Android & iOS News App. Click here to download it for your device.

Grameenphone:
Type START <space> BR and send SMS it to 22222

Robi:
Type START <space> BR and send SMS it to 2222


Banglalink:
Type START <space> BR and send SMS it to 2225

Leave your comments

Top News

Top News

Top