Sinha Murder: Court records confessional statement of SI Nandadulal | The Daily Star
12:00 AM, September 01, 2020 / LAST MODIFIED: 01:34 AM, September 01, 2020

Sinha Murder: Court records confessional statement of SI Nandadulal

OC Pradeep sued for three more murders

As suspended Sub-Inspector Nandadulal Rakshit made his confessional statement before a Cox's Bazar court yesterday, it marked a month since Maj (retd) Sinha Md Rashed Khan was killed at a police check post in Teknaf.

Judge Tamanna Farah of Senior Judicial Magistrate Court-4 in Cox's Bazar started recording the statement around 10:30am and finished at 3:30pm, according to court sources.

In the afternoon, the cop was sent to the district jail in the murder case filed by the victim's sister.

On Sunday, the court recorded the confessional statement of suspended police Inspector Liaqat Ali under section 164 of the Code of Criminal Procedure.

Speaking to The Daily Star, Rab Senior Assistant Superintendent Khayrul Islam, also the investigation officer of the case, said Nandadulal during interrogation on remand agreed to make confessional statement before the court. That's why his remand period was cut short, the IO added.

Yesterday was the third day of Nandadulal's four-day remand, granted earlier by Judge Tamanna Farah. He was remanded by Rab three times.

The court, meanwhile, granted Rab one more day's remand of OC Pradeep, said Khayrul.

Late last week, the three arrested Armed Police Battalion members ASI Shahjahan, constables Sajib and Abdullah had made their confessional statements before the court.


Yesterday, another case was filed against suspended Teknaf OC Pradeep Kumar Das and 40 others by the family of a "gunfight" victims with a Cox's Bazar court. Among the accused are 35 cops and six civilians.

Plaintiff Sultana Rabia Munni, 22, of Teknaf's Rongikhali area, stated in the first information report of the case that her husband Syed Alam, brother-in-law Nurul Alam and nephew Syed Hossain were picked up by Pradeep and several others from their home in Gazipara around 2:00am on May 6.

"After detaining them, Pradeep and Sub-Inspector Moshiur Rahman demanded we pay them Tk 50 lakh. As we refused to give the money, they killed them in a 'gunfight' in a paddy field near the house around 4:40am. They then filed a case claiming it to be a 'gunfight'," adds the FIR.

Taking the case into cognisance, Judge Md Helal Uddin of Senior Judicial Magistrate Court-3 instructed the officer-in-charge of Teknaf Police Station to submit a report on the 'gunfight' to it, reports our Cox's Bazar correspondent quoting plaintiff's lawyer Md Kasem Ali.

The other accused in the case are sub-inspectors Moshiur Rahman, Rasel Ahmed, Kamruzzaman, Jamshed Ahmed, Sujit Chandra Dey, Arun Kumar Chakma and Nazimuddin Bhuiyan, assistant sub-inspectors Kazi Saifuddin, Fakruzzaman, Md Jamal Ullah, Md Mazharul Islam, Main Uddin, Naimul Haq, Mishkat Uddin, Ramdhan Chandra Dash, Amir Hossain, Wahid Ullah, Sanjib Dutta and Mithun Kumar, constables Sagor Deb, Abu Hanif, Helal Uddin, Amjad Hossain, Md Mamun, Nazmul Hasan, Jashim Uddin, Md Amzad Hossain, Kamrul Hasan, Md Jahangir, Md Habib, Md Nur Nabi, Anwar Hossain, Saikat Barua and six civilians who are supposedly police sources.

All the police members were working at Teknaf Police Station when the incident took place.


Stay updated on the go with The Daily Star Android & iOS News App. Click here to download it for your device.

Type START <space> BR and send SMS it to 22222

Type START <space> BR and send SMS it to 2222

Type START <space> BR and send SMS it to 2225

Leave your comments

Top News

Top News