Four die from electrocution in Bhola pond
Four people, including a woman and her son, died after being electrocuted in Uttar Jaynagar area of Bhola's Daulatkhan upazila yesterday.
The deceased are Sufia Begum, 40, and her son Abdur Rahman, 12, and Mohammad Fayez, 20, and Sweety Begum.
Sufia and her son were having a bath in a pond near their house when an electric cable fell into the pond, said Enayet Hossain, officer-in-charge of Daulatkhan Police Station.
Fayez and Sweety got electrocuted while trying to save Sufia and her son.
The four were rushed to Bhola Sadar Hospital where doctors declared them dead, the police official added.