August 14, 1971
August 14, 1971
- A guerilla team attack a team of Pakistani raiders rampaging at a village near Jhinari railway station. Pakistan soldiers flee the area after around three hour-long fight leaving two bodies and some injured soldiers.
- Muktibahini ambush a jeep of Pakistan militia at Basurhat in Companiganj police station, leaving 30 Pakistan raiders wounded. Freedom fighter Sipahi Nurunnabi sustains critical injuries.
- Five Pakistan soldiers are kill in a dynamite explosion set by Muktibahini.
- A group of freedom fighters led by Mehedipur subsector Subedar Major Mazid of Sector-7 attack the Pakistani troops at Kansat, leaving few troopers killed.
- A fierce gunfight takes place with Pakistani troops at Miajan ghat when freedom fighters led by Ilias head towards Chittagong via Mirsorai. Five Pakistani troops killed.
- 10 Pakistani soldiers are kill and many other injured when Muktibahini attack Majhigachha camp of Pakistan militia.
- Freedom fighters set mines under three Pakistani ships – MV Harmuj laden with 9910 metric ton war supplies, MB Al Abbas with 10410 metric ton war supplies and Orient Barz with 276 ton firearms and explosives – stationed at Bangla port jetty. All the ships are destroyed.
Marking independent day of Pakistan in Dhaka, Jamat-e-Islami provincial ameer Ghulam Azam said, “Those, who are observing independent day this year, love Pakistan more than their lives. … We are struggling to restore unity of Pakistan. It will be tough to sustain as Muslim if the country will not sustain.”