4 children injured in 'explosion'
Four children of a family sustained burn injuries “in an explosion” at Aminbazar in Savar on Saturday night.
The injured are: Zihan Rahman, 10, Zara Khatun, 6, Md Rakib Hosen, 13, and Sarah, 6.
According to Abu Zahid, Zara's father, the children were playing during the blackout on Saturday when they noticed a bad smell, like something had died, emanating from the bathroom.
When they opened the bathroom door, there was an explosion, he claimed. The children were admitted to Enam Medical College Hospital.
MA Selim, the on duty doctor at the hospital, said the children suffered 15 to 20 percent burn injuries. They were admitted to the ICU but are now danger free.
However, the family informed neither the police nor the fire officials of the incident.
Md Anower Hosen, station officer at Savar Fire Station, said they did not know about the incident.
“It is quite unusual that there was an explosion in the bathroom,” he added.