• Wednesday, October 22, 2014

N'ganj-7 Murder

Two Rab men give judicial statement

Nur Hossain sued for not depositing unlicensed gun

Our Correspondent, N'ganj

Two members of Rapid Action Battalion yesterday gave judicial statements as witnesses to a Narayanganj court over the abduction and murder of seven people in the district in late April this year.

The court of Senior Judicial Magistrate Monwara Begum recorded the statements of Lance Nayek Md Abdur Razzak and Sepoy Md Azam of Rab-11.

Narayanganj Detective Branch of Police Officer-in-Charge Mamunur Rashid Mondol, also investigation officer of the case, said the two Rab men gave the statement under Section 164 in two cases filed for the murders.

Meanwhile, Shiddirganj Police Station Sub-inspector Azit Mitra yesterday filed a case against Nur Hossain, the key accused in the killings, under the arms act for not depositing his pistol after its licence had been cancelled.

OC Md Ala Uddin said the district administration had asked Nur Hossain to deposit the gun following the seven murders. Nur Hossian, however, handed over the firearm to his brother-in-law Nur Alam, he added.

On Friday, a train rammed into a car at the capital's Malibagh rail crossing.

Later, from the wreckage of the car police recovered a pistol and police identified that the firearm belonged to Nur Hossain who was arrested in Kolkata of India on June 14.

Seven people including Narayanganj city panel mayor Nazrul Islam and laywer Chandan Sarker were kidnapped in two separate incidents on April 27 and found dead in the river Shitalakkhya on April 30 and May 1.

Three Rab-11 top officials were fired over their alleged involvement in the incident.

The three ex-Rab officials Lt Col Tarek Syed Mahmud, Maj Arif Hossain and Lt Commander MM Rana were later arrested and placed on remand.

Published: 12:01 am Tuesday, August 05, 2014

Last modified: 4:23 am Tuesday, August 05, 2014

Leave your comments | Comment Policy
BIT DEFENDER