• Saturday, February 28, 2015

Argentina fan electrocuted in Munshiganj

Our Correspondent, Munshiganj

A student of class six was electrocuted on Saturday night in Munshiganj while trying to hoist a flag of Argentina on top of a mango tree at his house. The ill-fated boy, Shihab Hossain (12), was a student of Roy Bahadur Institute of Shirajdikhan upazila.
Robiul Awal, a teacher of the institution, confirmed that Shihab had climbed the tree with an Argentine flag tied to a wet bamboo at around 8:30pm. As soon as he raised the bamboo after reaching the tree-top, it came in contact with an 11 KV electricity line and he died on the spot.
Shihab was the son of Saudi-expatriate Muktar Hossain of Gopalpur village of the Shekhar Nagar union.

Published: 12:00 am Monday, June 09, 2014

Leave your comments | Comment Policy
ICC Cricket World Cup