At least 20 garment workers of two factories at Fatullah in sadar upazila of Narayanganj were hospitalised after they had food served by the factory authorities at their workplaces on Monday night.
The incident took place at Liberty Garments, and Midland Knitwear in Khaterpool area.
Masud Ahmed, ASP of Industrial Police-4, said the workers started vomiting and felt dizzy after eating the food. They were rushed to Narayanganj General Hospital (Victoria), he added.
Civil Surgeon Dr Dulal Chandra Chowdhury, who contacted the hospital and inquired about the workers, said people could suffer from food poisoning due to scorching heat. The workers were recovering, he added.
Authorities of the factories could not be contacted for comments.