2,400 Jamaat, Shibir men sued in Bogra | The Daily Star
12:00 AM, February 02, 2013 / LAST MODIFIED: 12:00 AM, February 02, 2013

Clashes During Hartal

2,400 Jamaat, Shibir men sued in Bogra

Share this with

Copy this link

Police filed two cases accusing 2,400 Jamaat-Shibir men in connection with Thursday's clashes between the law enforcers and activists during hartal hours in Bogra.
The cases were filed with Bogra Sadar Police Station on Thursday night for assaulting police, said Riaz Ahmed, inspector (investigation), yesterday.
One of the cases were filed accusing 1,400 activists, mentioning names of 25, in connection with the clash at the town's Shatmatha, said SI Monjurul Islam Monju.
The other case was filed against 1,000 activists, mentioning names of 37, in connection with the clash at Jamil Nagar, he said.
Police had arrested 25 Jamaat-Shibir men till 12:00noon yesterday while seven injured activists were undergoing treatment at Shaheed Ziaur Rahman Medical College and Hospital under police guard.
At least three people were killed in Bogra during Thursday's clashes between Jamaat-Shibir men and law enforcers.
Jamaat claimed the victims, Abu Ruhani, 22, Mizanur Rahman, 30, and Abdullah, 21, were its activists.
The party and its student body Islami Chhatra Shibir on Thursday called for a dawn-to-dusk hartal in the district today protesting the killings.
Hospital sources said 15 people, critically injured in the clashes, were brought there. Of them, eight were released after primary treatment till 10:00am yesterday.
Mizanur Rahman, town publicity secretary of Shibir, told The Daily Star the dead had been sent to their families for burial.

Stay updated on the go with The Daily Star News App. Click here to download it for your device.

Grameenphone and Robi:
Type START <space> BR and send SMS it to 2222

Banglalink:
Type START <space> BR and send SMS it to 2225

Leave your comments

Top News

Share this with

Copy this link

Top News

Top