Ferdinand stays silent | The Daily Star
12:00 AM, July 15, 2012 / LAST MODIFIED: 12:00 AM, July 15, 2012

Barclays English Premier League

Ferdinand stays silent

Anton Ferdinand declined to comment Saturday on John Terry being cleared of racially abusing him, as the QPR defender arrived in Malaysia with his team-mates for a pre-season tour.
Chelsea captain Terry was found not guilty on Friday at a court in London, in a high-profile trial that overshadowed the English Premier League and the national team for months.
Ferdinand -- younger brother of Terry's former international team-mate Rio Ferdinand -- and the Queens Park Rangers squad touched down in Kota Kinabalu, the capital of Sabah state, on Borneo island.
Met by a throng of reporters at the airport, Ferdinand said "no comment" when asked about the not-guilty verdict.
QPR chief executive Philip Beard added: "We have nothing to comment on Anton, except that he is part of the squad that is travelling with us. We shall see how things take shape over the next few days."
Ferdinand's parents on Friday also declined to comment as they left court.
The trial related to an incident involving Terry and Ferdinand during a Premier League match on October 23 last year. Terry was stripped of the England captaincy in February over the allegations.
As a consequence, Fabio Capello resigned as England manager, just months before England -- defender Terry included -- competed in the European Championships.
Terry could yet face disciplinary action from England's Football Association despite being cleared in court. The FA said it would continue its own disciplinary process, which was suspended so as not to prejudice the trial.

Stay updated on the go with The Daily Star News App. Click here to download it for your device.

Grameenphone and Robi:
Type START <space> BR and send SMS it to 2222

Type START <space> BR and send SMS it to 2225

Leave your comments

Top News

Top News