What if I have oily skin?
For those who are naturally endowed with oily skin, the above makeup technique to achieve the dewy look may actually be a bad idea. The skin may become extra oily and sticky; clogging pores and eventually resulting into unsightly pimples.
How do we solve the problem for oily skin?
There's always a solution to every problem in the world. The trick is to follow the matte makeup technique and use highlighters in the right places - like the temple of the forehead, the bridge of the nose, the cheekbones etc re-creating the perfect glossy effect. Finally when all is done, spray some makeup setting spray and lock-in the look for hours to come.
Makeup tricks every girl should know
* Make sure the mascara is not more than a month old. Fresh mascara glides better.
* Always cover dark circles with a concealer 1 to 2 shades lighter than skintone.
* You can always create killer cheekbones by applying shimmer along the top.
* Clean, bold brow is attention grabbing. So comb it with clean mascara before shaping it with a soft brow pencil.
* A shimmery white eye pencil helps in brightening the eye when used on the waterline.
* Colour coding lips and cheeks always create a uniform look. So if you really want that natural look apply the same hue of lipstick on the lips as on the cheeks.
* The best blending technique for foundations is to use the fingertips.
* Finally, always use a make-up setting spray to prevent runny and sticky makeup.
By Mehrin Mubdi Chowdhury
Photo: Sazzad Ibne Sayed
Styling: SoniaYeasmin Isha
Model:Mousum and Arpita
Makeup: Farzana Shakil’s Makeover Salon