3 of a family electrocuted in capital
12:00 AM, June 20, 2017 / LAST MODIFIED: 02:51 AM, June 20, 2017

3 of a family die from electric shock

Share this with

Copy this link

Bachchu Miah could only stare at the bodies of his family members in front of his Lalbagh home in the capital. He could not say anything after losing his three family members.

The three died from electrocution at their home yesterday morning.

His mother Amena Begum, 55, wife Shirin Begum, 30, and elder daughter Afrin, 9, passed away.

As it had been raining since yesterday morning, Bachchu, a tea vendor, was at his tin-roofed house in Islambagh area, said Anwar Hossain, a neighbour of Bachchu.

Around 10:45am, a loud bang was heard as a transformer exploded near the house. An electric cable snapped and fell on the two-storey house, he added.

“When they were hurriedly going down the stairs, the trio got electrocuted,” Anwar said, adding that Bachchu, his younger daughter Kulsum and his niece Naznin managed to escape.

Amena, Shirin and Afrin were rushed to Dhaka Medical College Hospital where doctors declared them dead around 11:30am.

Babul Ahmed, a resident of the area, said they feared another tragedy as overhead cables haphazardly hung in the area.

Stay updated on the go with The Daily Star News App. Click here to download it for your device.

Grameenphone and Robi:
Type START <space> BR and send SMS it to 2222

Banglalink:
Type START <space> BR and send SMS it to 2225

Leave your comments

Top News

Share this with

Copy this link

Top News

Top