• Monday, September 22, 2014

Ctg, Tangail

Four die from electrocution

Staff Correspondent, Ctg

Two persons were killed after being electrocuted in Chittagong yesterday.
A street urchin, Md Abu Siddique, 16, son of Jalal Uddin, came in contact with a live electric wire, which was snapped by a storm, on a roadside field in Mia Pahar area of Baizid in the city, said locals.
Police said Najrul Islam, 21, an electrician, was electrocuted while he was turning on a generator at Shadan Market in Kelishahar in Patiya upazila.
Meanwhile, two siblings died from electrocution at Kaharta Ramkhapara village in Sakhipur upazila in Tangail yesterday, reports UNB.
The deceased were Haji Martoz Ali, 65, and his younger brother Haji Muktar Ali, 60, of the village.
Witnesses said Martoz came in contact with a live electrical wire when he was trying to remove it from the rooftop of his tin-shed house with a bamboo stick amid rain around 8:00am.
Muktar and three other neighbours -- Khalilur Rahman, 45, Shahjahan Ali, 45, and Habibur Rahman, 40 -- also got electrocuted when they tried to save Martuz.


All of them were rushed to Sakhipur Upazila Health Complex where doctors declared the two brothers dead.

Published: 12:00 am Saturday, June 21, 2014

Last modified: 11:03 pm Friday, June 20, 2014

Leave your comments | Comment Policy