Fire guts furniture, documents at Sangsad Bhaban | The Daily Star
11:15 AM, June 04, 2014 / LAST MODIFIED: 01:53 AM, March 08, 2015

Fire guts furniture, documents at Sangsad Bhaban

Fire guts furniture, documents at Sangsad Bhaban

Share this with

Copy this link

A fire today damaged furniture and documents of a room at Jatiya Sangsad Bhaban this morning.

The fire originated at room No. 433, the office of personal secretary of Industrial Minister Tofail Ahmed, reports a Bangla daily Prothom Alo.

Informed at 8:32am, four firefighting units rushed to the spot and doused the fire after 20 minutes of frantic effort, said Shahjadi Sultana, an on-duty officer of Fire Service and Civil Defence.

The fire originated from electric wire damaged furniture including sofa, table, chair, oven, a computer and bookshelves of the room.

The heat of the blaze also melted a computer monitor of another room housed just on the room No. 433, the daily added.

None was injured in the incident.

Reason behind the fire could not be known immediately.

 

Stay updated on the go with The Daily Star News App. Click here to download it for your device.

Grameenphone and Robi:
Type START <space> BR and send SMS it to 2222

Banglalink:
Type START <space> BR and send SMS it to 2225

Leave your comments

Top News

Share this with

Copy this link

Top News

Top