12:00 AM, June 16, 2014 / LAST MODIFIED: 01:53 AM, March 08, 2015

Father of slain rly staff alleges police inaction

Father of slain rly staff alleges police inaction

Our Correspondent, Dinajpur

Father of slain railway employee Sheikh Enam Hossain has claimed that adultery of Enam's wife acted behind his killing over five months ago while police is not taking proper steps regarding the murder case.
"My son Sheikh Enam Hossain, who was an employee of Chirirbandar railway station in Dinajpur, was tortured and suffocated to death on the night of January 7 at his home as a sequel to adultery of his wife," Sheikh Enam's father Sheikh Chand Mia, hailing from Gopalganj district, said, reading out a written statement at the press conference at Dinajpur Press Club.
"After police repeatedly declined to accept the FIR, I filed a murder case with the Senior Judicial Magistrate's Court in Dinajpur on May 21 accusing five people -- Shima Khanam, 25, wife of Sheikh Enam Hossain, Shim's father Shahid Shamadar, 50, his wife Shirin Begum, 45, their son Shipon Samadar, 27, residents of Urfi village in Gopalganj district, and Saiful Islam alias Sumon, 28, a point man of Rangpur Railway Station.
"Nazmul Haque, a sub-inspector of Dinajpur, was made the investigation officer (IO) of the case. The court ordered police to exhume my son's body in presence of a magistrate, arrange conducting a post mortem and submit an overall report by August 14.  
"But police is yet to arrest any of the accused and the IO is yet to take any initiative as per the court direction. He has also continued demanding bribe.
"Enam's wife has already withdrawn his insurance deposit through submitting a death certificate which contains several pieces of wrong information.
"It seemed to me that she was involved in the killing. If the police follow the court direction properly, they would find out clue to the murder," Sheikh Chand Mia said in his written statement.
Sheikh Enam Hossain, 33, an employee of Bangladesh Railway at Chirirbandar upazila railway station and lived at nearby railway quarters with his wife and daughter.
On January 7 night, locals rushed a critically ailing Enam to Dinajpur Medical College Hospital where the doctors found him dead. Later, he was buried at the family graveyard in Gopalganj district.
Contacted, IO Nazmul Haque said he is following the court order.


Leave your comments