Sir Paul McCartney has postponed a number of US tour dates while he continues to recover from a virus he contracted last month. The 71-year-old told fans he was “feeling great” but was skipping his first seven US shows on medical advice.
The concerts, which were due to begin on June 14 in Lubbock, Texas, have been rescheduled to October.
The former Beatle previously cancelled the Japan leg of his “Out There” tour and a show in South Korea after falling ill last month. He spent six days in a Tokyo hospital while he was treated for the viral infection.
“I'm feeling great but taking my doc's advice to take it easy for just a few more days,” Sir Paul said on his website.