The death toll in Gaza has passed 1,000, Palestinian medical officials say, 19 days after Israel launched an offensive against Hamas militants.
It comes amid a 12-hour humanitarian truce, which Gaza residents have been using to gather essential supplies and retrieve bodies buried under rubble.
Forty-two Israelis have also been killed since the Israel-Hamas conflict began on 8 July.
International talks urging a longer truce were held in Paris on Saturday.
Dozens of bodies have been retrieved from previously inaccessible areas since the truce began at 08:00 local time (05:00 GMT), the BBC's Yolande Knell in Gaza reports.
About 5,870 Palestinians have also been wounded in the 19 days of fighting, health officials say.
'EXTEND THE CEASEFIRE'
The Israeli military says it will continue to "locate and neutralise" Hamas tunnels during the pause.
Israel launched its military offensive with the declared objective of stopping Hamas firing rockets from Gaza into Israel.
It also began a ground offensive on 18 July, saying it was necessary to destroy tunnels dug by militants to infiltrate Israel.
In Paris, US Secretary of State John Kerry met the foreign ministers of Turkey, Qatar and some European countries in the hopes of agreeing a longer ceasefire.
"We all call on parties to extend the humanitarian ceasefire," France's Foreign Minister Laurent Fabius told reporters after the meeting.
"We all want to obtain a lasting ceasefire as quickly as possible that addresses both Israeli requirements in terms of security and Palestinian requirements in terms of socio-economic development."