In a bid to beef up the security during the observance of the historic Homecoming Day of Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman tomorrow, police have outlined a direction for smooth traffic management in Dhaka.
As the ruling Awami League is scheduled to hold a grand rally at the Suhrawardy Udyan tomorrow, Dhaka Metropolitan Police (DMP) requested the party men and pedestrians to abide by the following instructions.
- Don’t enter the rally through Kakrail, Matsya Bhaban, Kadamphool and Shahbagh crossings
- Enter the rally through the archways at Chhobir Haat, TSC, Kali Mandir and Tin Netar Mazar gates
Routes for AL leaders to join the rally
- Cars from Bijoy Sarani—Love Road—Moghbazar Flyover—Kakrail Church—Rajmoni Crossing—Nightnagle—UBL (Palton)—Zero Point
- Cars from Mirpur Road—Russel Square—Science Lab—New Market—Nilkhet—Dhaka University (Car parking in front of DU’s Registrar Building and Fuller Road)
- Cars from Motijheel/ Sayedabad/ Sadarghat—High Court Crossing—Doyel Chattar (Car parking at DU Gymnasium or adjacent areas)
Roads to be suspended during rally
- Shahbagh to Matsya Bhaban
- TSC to Doyel Chattar
Passenger buses and other vehicles from 1:00pm to 3:00pm
- From Bijoy Sarani—Love Road—Moghbazar Flyover—Kakrail Church—Rajmoni Crossing—Fakirapool/ UBL (Palton)
- From Gulistan/ Motijheel—Nightangle Road—Rajmoni Crossing—Kakrail Church—Moghbazar Flyover—Love Road—Bijoy Sarani
- From Gabtoli – Mirpur -- Science Lab—New Market—Azimpur—BakshiBazar—Chankharpool—Bangabazar—Gulistan/Motijheel/Sadarghat
- From Gulistan/Motijheel/Sadarghat—Bangabazar—Chankharpool—BakshiBazar—Azimpur—New Market—Science Lab—Mirpur--Gabtoli