Charge sheet against the persons responsible for the last year's Rana Plaza collapse will be given soon, said State Minister for Home Asaduzzaman Khan Kamal at a press conference yesterday.
“We have been working to ensure that the charge sheet is accurate. The IGP has assured me that charge sheet can be given very soon,” he said, responding to a query as to why the government could not show enough progress even after one year of the tragedy.
Police arrested a total of 21 persons involved in the collapse, he told the press conference at home ministry in the capital.
Eight of them got bail from the High Court, he added.
At least 1,135 people, mostly RMG workers, were killed and scores more were injured when the 10-storey building collapsed on April 24, 2013.
Assuring that the probe will be completed very soon, Inspector General of Police Hasan Mahmud Khandaker said a total of four cases had already been filed in this connection and charge sheets had been given in two cases.
High officials of different forces and security agencies were present.
A one-minute silence was observed for the Rana Plaza victims.
12:00 AM, April 25, 2014 / LAST MODIFIED: 01:53 AM, March 08, 2015