When mobile operators are providing 3G at a competitive rate, it's high time we review some 3G USB modem, right? OK, if that's what you want, that's what you get. Here today review the ZTE MF70 3G Wi-Fi modem.
Without any further ado, I am going to talk about ZTE MF70 which is a 3G dongle plus Wi-Fi modem and router: one-in-all, giving you your very own personal Wi-Fi hotspot when plugged into the USB.
Getting the modem readied is pretty much straight-forward: just put a SIM card of your local carrier into the MF70 and connect it to a USB power source and you are ready to go No need to setup. After testing it, we noticed that 4 to 10 devices can connect to it simultaneously without any hiccup, but its best to use the minimum i.e. from my usage I recommend 3 to maximum 5 devices is thumbs up.
What I liked about this modem is there is no connection manager or complex start up procedure. This means you don't need a PC or laptop to use it, just slot it into a USB power adapter to plug it into a wall socket for when you're at home or in the office or in the move. The twinkling light of modem actually says a lot. Blue means Wi-Fi is ON, Red means No internet connection although properly powered ON and Green means 2G is ON. Simple, ain't it?
* Unlocked for all GSM/UMTS operators
* Download speed up to 21Mbps and Upload up to 5.76Mbps
* Plug and Play
* 2 Indicator LED (Blue=3G modem and router on, Green= 2G modem )
* Platform: Qualcomm Chipset MDM8200A
* HSDPA/UMTS 850 / 2100Mhz
* EDGE/GPRS/GSM 1900/1800/900/850MHz
* IEEE 802.00b/g/n wireless LAN can share up to 10 Wi-Fi enabled Devices
* Micro SD up to 32GB, SMS & Phone Book
* Support Windows 7, XP, Vista, Linux, Mac OS
Price: Teletalk Bundle offer at the price of 3600BDT with 10GB free data