• Wednesday, September 24, 2014

2 cleaners die inside septic tank at Ashulia

Star Online Report

Two cleaners died after inhaling poisonous gas inside a septic tank at Narashinhapur of Ashulia, on the outskirts of the capital, this morning.

The victims are Md Kismat Ali, 30, son of Md Shuja Miah of Melandha upazila of Jamalpur; and Md Abu Hanif Khan, 32, son of Md Suruj Miah Khan of Mymensingh.
The incident took place when three sweepers went to clean the septic tank of a house owned by one Akter Hossain around 5:00am, reports our Savar correspondent.
Witnesses said Kismat climbed down into the tank after lifting water from the tank through a shallow machine.
As he was not responding, Hanif also got down inside the tank to see the matter and met the tragic end of life.
Informed by locals, firefighters from Dhaka Export Processing Zone (DEPZ) fire service rushed to the spot and recovered the bodies of Kismat and Hanif, said Md Abdul Hamid Miah, senior station officer of the fire station.
The cleaners died of suffocation after inhaling toxic gas, he said.

Published: 11:57 am Sunday, May 11, 2014

Last modified: 8:35 pm Sunday, May 11, 2014

TAGS: Savar Ashulia Septic tank suffocation Dhaka Export Processing Zone

Leave your comments | Comment Policy